Spring is in the air, join Centurion Cycling Club for the 2021 Spring Strava Challenge!
The CCC Spring Challenge is a series of virtual events with timing and completion based on Strava segments. The segments vary between 2km and 25km and are based in and around Centurion. All the segments are road bike-friendly, some are flat and some are hilly, some short and some longer, something for everyone. Some of the segments form part of regular Club rides and are therefore easy to complete. Some will test you but you will be left with a sense of accomplishment and some fun to get you back riding after the Winter. When you enter either a single Event or the Whole Series, it will help you link your Strava account and then you’re good to go, just start riding and pick off the routes one by one. You can ride the route as many times as you like, the leaderboard will update with your best effort. You have been challenged. Let’s get back on our bikes and make the most of the change in season.
Date: 1 September – 30 September 2021.
ENTER HERE: All 6 events in the series with one click. (Need to enter the Series to see your progress on the Progress Tracker)
How Does It Work
- You have 30 days to complete the challenge.
- The 6 events can be completed in any sequence.
- Timing and race completion are based on Strava.
- There is a leaderboard for each event showing the fastest times by event.
- The series has a Progress Tracker to show all completed events in the overall Series.
- The routes are short enough to allow weekday rides, better participation and multiple attempts.
- How to make sure you match the Strava segment? You need to ride a clean Strava track in order to match the master track, ie stay on the route, ride in the indicated direction, do not deviate, you can stop to rest and restart but don’t go too far off the track, only go in one direction, don’t turn around or backtrack, keep moving forward.
- There will be prizes for all CCC members who complete the challenge in various categories. The series is however open for anyone to participate, so invite friends and family to join in the fun.